The WEEK:
I got a promotion at my job on campus and I'm now a lab assistant, which of course comes extra responsibility (and a raise!). So, I get to show up early and show all the newbies what to do...I actually feel super embarrassed most of the time because, after a four month absence I forgot SO many things and I feel like I ought to be one of the trainees as well.
I'm also the Food Science Club treasurer and I seriously want to ring the necks of the past 2 treasurers because they kept no records of ANYTHING so I have been frantically trying to find out how much money we have and how I am going to figure out what's gone on for the past 2 years so I can make records of it. Luckily, my adviser must have seen that i was a little bit stressed and gave that job to one of the Food Science department secretaries who needed more work. I'm so glad she is getting paid to do it, what a terrible job to have to do.
I began working at the Peruvian restaurant, La Caretta, again (there go my friday nights :( for the next four months). I had forgotten how much I absolutely LOVEloveLOVE their food and crave it constantly. My top 3: Ceviche - a bed of crisp lettuce and sliced potatoes topped with raw fish marinated in lime juice and spices, onions, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and canchas (kinda like corn nuts). Arroz Con Pollo - Sauteed chicken breast served on a bed of cilantro flavored rice and topped with fresh veggies. SO yummy and not at all like the cilantro rice at cafe rio...possibly even better. Bisteck a lo Pobre - SO much food. Top sirloin steak marinated in garlic and spices served on top of white rice, fresh french fries (nothing like mcdonalds), a platano frito (fried plantain, like a banana), and fried eggs, extra runny. My mouth is watering.
The WEEKEND:
I worked friday night and then forced Russ to watch "The Pacifier" with me....its super cheesy, which i love, and Vin Diesel has a hot bod so that's a plus too. Russ pretended not to like it but i think he was actually pretty into it.
Saturday was game day and what a game!! BYU, 59...UCLA, 0. Yes, ZERO. UCLA had SO many chances to score, i don't even feel sorry for them. By half time we could see that it was going to be a blowout so we headed out like a newborn. It was uncomfortably hot and i understand things better when i watch it on TV anyways. After the game we went to Citrus Grill in Sandy(?) with my old roommate Madison and her husband Mike, old roomies Sara and Val and Val's friends. I love discovering new restaurants so thanks Madison for introducing us to the wonderfulness of CG. If Russ had his way we would probably eat at one of a few places every time we ate out. He likes to stick with what he knows is good. I, on the other hand, like to branch out and try new things. I will try almost anything once (i once ate fried crickets with honey).

After dinner we headed up to SLC for the Utah State Fair. I began seeing commercials for the fair on TV about a month ago and since then I have had my heart set on a deep fried pb & j sandwich. I dragged Russ across the fairgrounds for a good half hour before i finally found it. It wasn't excellent (and probably not worth 5 bucks) but i don't regret trying it. Later that night i found remnants of said pb & j on both of my legs.


The animals were also a big hit...here i am with bessy the giant...



After the fair we met up with Mikkal and Ben at LunaBerry, a dessert-crepe cafe. Mikkal and Ben had spent all day at the Dew Tour and had funny looking sunburns...















2 comments:
You would come to Salt Lake and not call me. Does this mean we're getting a divorce?
Oh the life of a young college student. Congrats on the promotion! When am I going to see you?
Post a Comment