I'm on itunes right now trying to find some fresh, new Christmas music for the upcoming season. There are only so many Christmas songs to go around and, let's be honest, no one wants to hear the pussycat dolls sing "santa baby" (or any song) 2000 times, let alone once...which is why I am pro-thanksgiving (i like to try to be positive like the "pro-choice" peeps who, instead of saying "anti-child" they say pro-choice because a pro- is always better than an anti-. just thought I'd through in something controversial (abortion) like that, i think it really adds to my discussion of Christmas music).
SO...as i was saying...i'm not anti-Christmas-music-before-christmas, i'm just PRO-thanksgiving. In other words, I refuse to listen to Christmas music until at very least right after I finish stuffing my face with turkey. I'd prefer to wait until December 13. Isn't 12 days of Christmas enough?? (I mean the whole "commercialized Christmas thing"...I am pro-christmas-spirit-all-year-long.)
Does anyone have some suggestions for me??? I REALLY need some new tunes this year. As much as I absolutely love hearing Ricky Martin sing "Ay Ay Ay its Christmas" (arguably one of my favorite christmas songs) all day long, its nice to mix things up a bit.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
Okay, look no further. I love Christmas music.
Download everything you can find from Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Harry Connick Jr., Vic Damon, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, etc.
Since I know you like country, try Brad Paisley's Christmas album. And the Hotel Cafe tour mix "Winter Songs" is GREAT. I defied my no-Christmas-music-until-after-Thanksgiving rule to sneak a listen at it.
At this point I start feeling like I've lost the real point of Christmas. So especially on Christmas Eve, I like to listen to MoTab. They have several Christmas CDs, which are all wonderful.
Speaking of MoTab, while you're at it, "Mr. Krueger's Christmas" is my all-time favorite Christmas movie. An excellent (and short) Christmas Eve tradition. $4.50 at Church distribution.
The end!
I'm so glad that you found me! I can't offer you much help in the Christmas music departmen, my husband has been listening to it for over a month now!! :) I'm a little more like you on the subject; so I just grin and bear it! But hey I have your thankyou card, and no address as our loverly girl lost all of the address! :) you can e-mail it to me @ ljohnson@washk12.org or leave it in a comment! Good luck finding some new tunes!
i would suggest faith hill for christmas... and harry connick jr. is a must. mariah carey's christmas cd is a classic.
good luck!
QUESTION- how did you get your blog to be wider?
Post a Comment