I have never, ever been a fan of hot chocolate.It's one of those things that I can tolerate only under certain, severe conditions. I don't hate it, I don't like it, I am just indifferent. And I always ALWAYS burn my tongue when drinking it.
I was inspired at my recent work Christmas party to have a change of heart. My Peruvian boss concocted the yummiest homemade hot chocolate (which I only began drinking to be nice...) one's tastebuds could possibly imagine, and I desire now to like hot chocolate.
I'm going to assume that my indifference toward hot chocolate was that I always tried the cheap/powder+water version of it. But now that my eyes have been opened to the goodness of homemade hot chocolate with secret ingredients (cloves and cornstarch?) my life has been changed for good.
This may be one of my biggest regrets:
When I was in Italy I never once tried the famous "cioccolata calda" that everyone raved about while we were there. I passed up so many chances to snag a sip or two from my friends because i don't like hot chocolate. Or so i believed. Here's the thing about italian hot chocolate. Its more like hot pudding in a cup. Thick. Creamy. European chocolate. WHY was I such a moron?













4 comments:
I will have a cup for you, and send you a picture :)
i can't believe you didn't have one. i thought everyone did. wow. how'd you make the homemade hot chocolate?
i'm glad you've finally seen the light!
...now for organic food... :-P
i want the recipe that you had at your work
carly
Post a Comment