My point is this: I don't like spending money. Especially on things that are likely going to get worn out or go out of style in the next year or two. BUT...I have been shopping for new boots lately and I have been pondering alot (really, way, way too much pondering) about real vs. fake leather. I have never owned a nice pair of real-leather boots and I am just wondering if the real deal would really be worth it in the long run - that is, do I buy a $60.00 pair of boots that look nice and have a nice price, or do I buy a $300 pair of genuine quality leather boots that look nice and probably won't fall apart the second time I wear them? Any of you leather experts out there??? Anyone have any advice?? Is it worth it to get the real deal?? Maybe I should go on one of those wardrobe reality TV shows like "what not to wear" for the fashion-challenged people like me.
And if it is worth it to get real leather boots, is it worth it to get a real leather purse?? because every single purse i've owned turns to crap the second i start using it.
Steve Madden boots for $140.....
or Frye boots for $358?????













3 comments:
you have issues!
too bad you're adorable, even if you don't wear expensive clothes!
i have the same dilemma. it turns out i haven't bought ANY nice boots in 2 years of searching because i couldn't decide.
go with the "middle" - meaning instead of buying the Forever Young shoes $34 boots, or the Frye $358 boots, go with the Steve Madden's for $120. Steve Madden's are SUPER reliable and last forever if you take care of 'em. I have three pairs of Steve Madden shoes I bought about 4 years ago and I still wear them.
When we were in Chicago, I got some way cute Kenneth Cole boots for only $60 and they're awesome, leather and dang good quality. Em, you're a master shopper - DO NOT give in to the ridiculously priced leather boots! You can find a nice pair for a lot cheaper, I promise!
Good luck!
Post a Comment