Saturday, February 7, 2009

Arlington

Today was an unbelievably gorgeous day.
We walked through Arlington Cemetery sans coats, mittens and scarves.
The sunlight made my insides and my outsides feel good.

{me by JFK grave site}

I couldn't help but notice the ages of so many of the deceased...men, or boys, younger than me. Saving the world, nonetheless! To them, I am grateful.

Our favorite site: Iwo Jima/Marine Corp Memorial.

3 comments:

Katie said...

How fun...have you guys been to the Holocaust Museum yet? It's so amazing...you should definitely go....

Sara said...

Oh I love that statue at Iwo Jima--seriously valerie said arlington was one of her most favorite places she visited! i wish i could have gone with you!

Valerie Wilson said...

Sara is right arlington was one of my most favorite places i went!!! I love that the members have a little angel Moroni on their headstones it was cool!!! I misses you!