Saturday, August 6, 2011

a double bridal shower

My sis, mom, grandma and I hosted a vintage-themed garden brunch bridal shower for my brother's wife as well as my cousin's wife (weird to now say wife!) since they were getting married only 2 days apart.




oh, yum!!!  check out that stack of donuts!

and I kid you not, I ate at least a dozen or more of those gooey, mini cinnamon rolls.
(homemade of course ;) .....by Sam.....at his club)

not pictured - the world's best quiche made my momma...the secret ingredient?  more cheese than you could ever imagine.



We absolutely LOVE Kaitie - my new sister in-law.  She is not only beautiful, kind, and easy to talk to but she is also now my crafty/DIY/fashion guru.  I can't wait to put up pictures from her reception which she totally designed and put together herself, it was fabulous.  She totally fits in with my sister, mom and I and we will have lots and lots of fun with her in the years to come!  I never dreamed that my brother would have the ability to snag such a wonderful girl.  Way to go little bro!!







 We played a getting-to-know-you/how-well-does-your-future-spouse-know-you game and the girl's had to match the answers or else chew a piece of gum.  I'd say Kaitie's mouthful of gum was significantly larger than Angel's.  My favorite question/answer?  My cousin Kyle thought that Angel's shoe size was 4.


lots of matching presents!


see those vintage-looking suitcases?

there is a story about those.

this isn't the first time they've been used.  my mom's cousin, crazy Wendy, started a tradition when my mom got married.  the tradition goes like this:  go to the DI and buy lots of funny/gross/sexy clothing articles/lingerie for the bride-to-be, write a poem about how each item will be used, put said items in suitcase and present to the bride-to-be at her bridal shower.


 time to model some of the sexy new outfits from the DI suitcase!!



We really love these girls and are so glad they are part of our family!!!!

No comments: