Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sad Day

We gave Rambo to another family today.

We had been discussing giving him away for a long time.  For a lot of reasons, we just knew it would be better for us and for him.

I had a really hard time giving him up.  Even though I know he is probably (hopefully!) better off now, I worry about him and hope he is doing okay.  I loved him.  He was stinky, naughty, and expensive but he was my doggy.  I had a good cry after Russ took him away to his new home.  I really hope he will be loved.  I asked Russ if he thinks that Rambo will be my friend in the after-life.  I hope he will forgive me.  Maybe he will thank me because he likes his new life better.

I wonder if Rambo even knows what happened.  I wonder if he misses me.  He has a doggy friend at his new home, as well as a great yard that he can run around in...two things he didn't have here but desperately needed.  As much as I loved him I never really wanted to play with him.  I just liked him to be there, lying on his pillow in the corner or snuggling with me on the couch. It was comforting.  It was nice to have him keep me company at night while Russ was away at school. 

I know he is just a dog and I am pretty ridiculous for thinking some of these things.

I will miss you Rambo!  I will probably be cleaning up your hair for a century, so I'll always have a reminder of you.




No comments: