Sunday, July 22, 2012

Christmas in July

In case you haven't heard...


Baby #2 is due Christmas 2012!!

In case you want to know: 


YES, we were trying.  For about one day.  TMI?  Oh well.

Apparently I miscalculated the possible due dates when we started trying because I did NOT want to have a December baby.  We are thrilled nevertheless.

Anna and the baby will be 21 months apart (maybe more like 20 1/2 if the baby comes on time).  Call me crazy but I'm hoping baby will be a week late.  Anything after Christmas would be ideal. 

I decided to take a pregnancy test on April 26th because I had been waking up to pee at night.  I rarely do that when I'm not with child. 

At my first sonogram the estimated due date was Dec. 29th, but at my second the estimated due date was Dec. 21st.  My Dr. believes that it is closer to the 23rd.  I just tell people that he/she is due at Christmas.  

I almost feel like I had to convince the whole staff at the the Dr.'s office that I was actually pregnant.  I hadn't ever gotten my period back so they were skeptical until after the sonogram.  I must admit, if it weren't for the positive pregnancy test I would have maybe believed that it was just a food baby.

I have gained so much more weight this time than last - which is why you have seen 0 pictures of me on this blog lately.  I feel disgusting and I feel like I look disgusting, so I won't be posting many this time around.   

Mary is the first person I told (besides Russ, of course).  She is my best friend and I can't see her every day and not tell her!

We told Russ's family when they came to visit in May.  I had to go to the Dr. while they were here and Russ's mom suspected anyways.

I waited to tell my family until I visited them in July.  I could have told them when I saw them in Kansas in May, but for some reason I wanted to wait.  I think my mom was surprised but my sis and SIL both claimed they had a feeling that I was pregnant.

I had morning sickness for the first 15ish weeks.  I didn't throw up a lot, I just felt super nauseous.  Almost worse than the morning sickness was my overwhelming desire to do absolutely nothing.  Before I was pregnant I always had lists and lists of projects to do to keep myself busy while Russ was at school/work.  But while pregnant, I didn't want to do anything, not even read or watch movies.  I was in the worst mood ever.  I didn't want to go anywhere or talk to anybody.  It was like pulling teeth just to get me to take a shower.  Anyone else feel this way when you're pregnant?  I don't care for it.  If you ever suspect that I may be pregnant in the future, just take note of my personal hygiene.  I rarely wore makeup during my first trimester. 

For the first few months I was really hoping for a girl.  I really wanted another girl because I have so much girl "stuff" and I made the mistake of buying lots of things in pink that I should have bought in gender neutral colors.  Because we are on an extremely tight budget, a girl would be great because I would not want to buy new stuff.  I also want Anna to have a sister that is close in age.   I have a girl name picked out and I find that I cannot find many boy names I like.  Another reason I wanted a girl is that she will have several girl cousins close to her in age (the boys are all older).  But lately I have been leaning more toward wanting a boy.  It might just be because I want to have a reason to go shopping and buy new baby clothes/toys, but really it would be fun to experience having a boy as well.  According to a Chinese gender chart and a test my sister made me take (found on pinterest) I am having a boy.  Of course I will be happy no matter the gender.  Part of me hopes that I will have one of each.  Anyone ever find out at 21 weeks that they are actually having twins?  Yikes!

The first time I felt the baby move was at the movie "Ice Age 3" (went with my nephew and family).  I think the baby must have liked the loud music.  This was much earlier than I felt Anna move (probably 20 weeks).

Cravings?  Anything salty and savory.  Grilled cheese and Macadoodle have been staples.  I haven't cared much for ice cream, but I crave shaved ice almost daily.  Mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, hot dogs (in the macadoodle)...I basically turned into a 6-year old.  I promise I have more sophisticated taste when I'm feeling normal.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I hope you have a girl. I think it is so fun to have the first two be the same gender. I LOVE having my two boys 2 years apart and that Alex wears all of the same clothes that Ethan wore. It's just fun to me. I think you'll have fun with either, though, too!

Katie said...

I love all the information, I was wondering all of those things and wanted to ask you so thanks for posting them. We are so excited for you, Reed has been wanting to have another one for a few months now but when I told him you were pregnant he started getting really excited. Being pregnant with Grace was completely different for me so I though I was having a boy but that was wrong. I also gained a lot more weight the second time and felt the baby move sooner too. It will be really nice to have them so close in age, I'm sure they'll be best friends, boy or girl!

Jessica and Reece said...

James and Lola are 22 months apart and it has been perfect. It was a little tough at first, but they are best buddies. I hope you have a boy! But you have beautiful girls, so either way, you'll be adding another perfect baby to the bunch. Congrats amore mia!

Joanna said...

What is Macadoodle?

Unknown said...

Jo - macadoodle is macaroni and cheese.

Marissa Waddell said...

Congrats! You are brave to have kids so close in age. We've waited so long to have kids that we'll probably have them very close like that, too. You'll be great, congrats!

Cherie said...

Em! I'm so happy bo bappy for you and your cute family! Congrats on the new bundle coming your way.