Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Moab

So we took a short trip to Moab this weekend with Russ's brothers and let's just say that for me, it was an eye-opening experience. First of all, I spent the entire weekend with boys who, since i'm now part of the family for good, no longer feel the need to hold anything back. I guess I'm just not used to this boy thing...I DO have a brother but he is younger than me and maybe I moved out before he hit that stage or maybe for some reason he didn't get the disgusting-boy-gene and never felt the need to burp or toot or do other equally disgusting things in front of me.

Nevertheless, we had a good time... The first night we got there it was already dark. We set up our tent at the campsite and then I really had to pee. Unfortunately we weren't aware of any bathrooms nearby so I had to pee in the bushes. The boys didn't understand my hesitancy to do so. When we woke up the next morning we realized that there was an outhouse nearly 20 yards away from us. It smelled so bad that I still peed in the bushes.

Robbie and Dennis got sick the first night after eating half-cooked brats and were afflicted for most of the trip. They were troopers though, and we went to arches national park and did some hikes....after which I was tricked into going off-roading in Robbie's Jeep at slickrock. I made a deal with Russ that I would go to Moab if i didn't have to go off-roading and he was okay with it. But the boys TRICKED me and I have to admit I'm glad they did. The 3-hour experience was as exciting as it was terrifying. I just don't like to be inches away from extremely large cliffs in a car that I'm not in control of. Robbie did an excellent job of maneuvering his Jeep across the trail which was appropriately named "hell's revenge." see pictures below.

2 comments:

Stephens Family said...

congrats! I am so happy for you, I wish we could've made the reception but Sara has probably informed you I am a basket case complete with kiddies!

Skybob said...

Gotta love moab!