Saturday, November 8, 2008

I used to be their biggest fan...

A brief look at my past music obsessions

2nd grade:

Billy Ray Cyrus (namely, "Achy, Breaky Heart")

THEN: my sister and I were obsessed with this song and I remember listening to the tape over and over in my mom's minivan.
NOW: No longer a fan of Billy (or Miley)

__________________________________________________
6th Grade:
Hanson (MMMBop)

THEN: I thought these guys were musical geniuses
NOW: Can't believe I had such horrible taste

__________________________________________________
High School:
Tim McGraw

THEN: I was obsessed as a girl could be. I thought Tim and i would be soul mates in another life. We even share the same birthday. Senior year of high school I went to his concert in SLC on our birthday and sat a few rows behind the stage and TOUCHED THE BEAUTIFUL CREATURE 3 TIMES. I thought it was the best day of my life.
NOW: Still love timmy and (most of) his music, but I think he is definitely past his prime.

__________________________________________________
Freshman Year of College:
Josh Groban

THEN: I thought he had the most gorgeous voice ever, and especially liked his music since he sang many of his songs in Italian. Marissa and I even drove to Las Vegas just to go to his concert (m-remember how you got that speeding ticket for going something like 113 mph?!!?)
NOW: Still think his music is great, just don't listen to it much (hardly ever) anymore.

__________________________________________________
Two Years Ago:
Elisa

THEN: My friends introduced me to her music while we were studying abroad in Italy. I fell in love and could probably call myself one of her biggest fans.
NOW: As fate would have it, I found out (after searching for a picture of her online) that she is coming to concert in SLC in exactly ONE week and I will now be attending!

3 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

of course i remember that ticket! and how we tried to get out of it by turning on motab and looking penitent when the cop came to the window, but we were laughing and blew our cover.

i still have the story you wrote about it for italian class, too. when we were learning about gerundi, ricordati quello? i think it's called "guidando veloce." i found it the other day. we should make it into a children's story. so funny.

Anonymous said...

i used to be obsessed with Hanson in 6th grade too! Aaand i do remember the dark days when you would lock me in your car and try brain washing me with Tim McGraw's music - I still have nightmares about it :-P

Jessica and Reece said...

I'm going too! With YOU!