We've had a lot of bills piling up lately...airplane tickets to D.C., an entire semester's rent due in a couple of days, christmas shopping etc.We are prepared to drain our bank account of all our hard-earned money and be left with nothing. BUT...a few little blessings came today in the form of cleaning and old clothes.
Ever since we moved into our apt. in Sept. we have had a stack of junk sitting in our bedroom. Today I decided to clean it up and organize it. During this process I found 2 unopened wedding cards with large sums of cash inside, and an old paycheck that we forgot to cash. All of these things had been stuffed in bag when we had moved and we had forgotten all about it!
Then, we were going to take a bag of old clothes to D.I. but decided to try to sell it at Plato's Closet instead. They took EVERYTHING I had (which was actually only about 10-15 items of clothing) and we got more than $40 for it, which isn't a lot, but its a whole lot more than the $0 we were going to get for it at the D.I. Every little bit helps! Just more evidence of the blessings that come from paying tithing!













3 comments:
very cool - we should probably go through our closets as well...we're not going to D.C. or anything, but every little bit helps!
what in the name of nicholas j. newbold is going on?
Are you suggesting that paying tithing magically influenced the sales associate are Plato's Closet to give you $40 for your old clothes?
Post a Comment