Sunday, December 7, 2008
home
I am a home-body. and by that i mean that i like to be home at my home home. where my momma and poppy reside. I started thinking today about how I am leaving soon (to d.c.) and how homesick I got the last time I left for four months (Italy). It won't be so bad this time since I have Russ and since I'll still be in the U.S. and be able to call my fam as often as I want. But I will miss going home every weekend with the excuse of "doing laundry." I would rather hang out with the fam than do just about anything with anyone. I honestly don't know how some people do it...i am not strong enough to be away from mine for so long. I get all weepy just thinking about it. Do i just need to grow up?? or is this okay? Is it a crime to just love my family so much I can't stand being away from them for too long??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
it will make a HUGE difference to have Russ with you...promise :)
hahaha - Scott and I talk about this nearly every day ... I feel the same way you do but he's all about being an "independent" family (meaning you and Russ are your new "immediate" family and your parents and siblings are now your "extended" family).
We have VERY different opinions on it, but I think (general assumption) that most girls are very attached to their families (and especially attached to their mums), which is why it seems that girls need to live closer to "home" than boys.
so don't feel crazy 'cause I am the same way as you - unless we're both crazy?!
Just enjoy your little adventure, talk to your mamma everyday, and bask in all that D.C. has to offer. And call me too, because I know you will start to get Jessica-sick.
Post a Comment