Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The top 5 things

that have happened in the last two weeks:

5.  The Jazz won 12 games in a row.  

4.  I got my hair chopped (and de-orange-ified)...see photos below

3.  We found a place to live in Provo.

2.  The weather was beautiful all weekend long.  A story to illustrate:  Monday morning I walked a different way to work and as I passed a bunch of really nice houses with lawns (yes!  a lawn!) and freshly planted flowers I could actually SMELL spring for the first time.  So I sat down (I was early for work) and took in my surroundings...birds singing, the sunshine, but mostly the SMELL.  I smelled spring.  It was intoxicating.  It made me so happy that I started to cry a little bit.  It was all just so Beautiful.  I thought of the Primary song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" and it got stuck in my head the rest of the day.  I decided that my ideal year would be 9 months of Spring, and one month of Winter, Summer and Fall.  Wouldn't that be perfect??  

1.  MY FAMILY CAME TO VISIT ME!!!!
My mom, dad and sister flew in Thursday night and we partied hard all weekend.  It was exhausting, but well worth it.  We took a bus tour of the city...probably the best way to see all the main sights without walking around all day long.  

We saw the Declaration of Independance, Constitution etc. at the National Archives Museum.   We saw how money is made at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.  We saw all of the First Ladies dresses and the Star Spangled Banner at the American History Museum.  We paid tribute to the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetery.  We ate warm pretzels on the lawn of the National Mall.  And mostly we walked and walked and walked until our feet were too sore to do anything but sit in the hotel room and munch on oreos and candy all night long.  

We also ate some amazing Vietnamese, Indian, and Italian food in Georgetown.  I am really going to miss the amazing selection of restaurants here in D.C.  And last but not least, we ate cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake.  Seriously, who pays $3 for a cupcake??  I DO.  I had to see what this cupcake-craze is all about.  We had to stand in line outside the store just to get one of those babies (i figured that, since people were standing in line for them, they HAD to be good).  Was it worth it??  Probably not.  It was a GOOD cupcake, but seriously???  Cupcakes??  I don't get it.  

2 comments:

Cox Family said...

Good top 5! I need to get all the pics you took! I think you have the cupcake ones! Good times! Love ya.

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

fun!!! When are you guys coming back to good ole' Utah? I am in love with spring too!!!