Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A "tagged" post. Easy Enough.

Maybe this will get me back in my blogging groove. Thanks, Tonya, for tagging us.


What are your middle names?

Karl and Ann. You can guess whose is whose.

How long have you been together?
Long time. Okay, only 2 years plus some months.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We knew each other for a few months at work. I didn't like him at all. We started "hanging out" but I was still not interested. Then, one day I completely changed my mind and we started dating.

Who asked who out?
Well, funny story...neither of us really...but here's how we got each other's phone numbers. We worked together at a call center one summer, super boring i know, and i worked at 6AM. Every day i would bring a grocery bag full of food and treats to get me through the day. One day i ran out the house and totally forgot to grab my bag of goodies (at 6AM in the morning - in the summer, nonetheless - i am surprised i didn't forget to put clothes on sometimes). I panicked once i realized i forgot it, 8 hours is a LONG LONG time without goodies. So i looked at the work schedule to see if anyone was coming to work soon who could stop by and get it for me...and of course Russ was the one. I barely knew him, but he seemed nice enough, so I got his number off the list, called him and woke him up and asked him to go to my apartment and get the bag of food for me before he came to work. He did it and the rest is history.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Probably his because he has five, and i only have two. and my sister lives too far away.

Do you have any children together?
No. where is the question about illegitimate children?

What about pets?
No. Russ used to want a dog. Now he hates dogs. I have always wanted a dog, but i don't think we will ever get one. Its okay though because they are stinky.

Did you go to the same school?
We both went to BYU.

Who is the most sensitive?
Me. I am a girl. I have dated guys who are more sensitive than me and that just doesn't work out.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
If Russ had his way we would eat Little Caesars every night. We used to be obsessed with Taco Bell. If we had money we would eat at Bombay House (indian food).

Where is the furthest you have ever traveled as a couple?
Mexico on our honeymoon. Washington D.C. to do an internship. I don't know which is farther. I would like to go to Europe and the Philippines, where Russ served his mission.

Who has the worst temper?
Me. Russ never gets mad. He tries to pretend to be mad sometimes, but he is really bad at it. The only time he gets mad is when he is driving, but road rage is a completely different thing.

Who does the cooking?
I do, unless it is frozen pizza or grilled cheese sandwiches. Usually Russ "helps" me cook by reading me a recipe online while i put everything together.

Who is more social?
Me. But we are both pretty darn anti social right now.

Who is the neat freak?
Russ is about the cars. I couldn't care less about how dirty my car is. I am super messy in the house as well, but i am constantly cleaning. Russ "doesn't know how to clean", but he sure does a good job at taking out the trash.

Who is the most stubborn?
Me. Stubbornness is in my blood.

Who hogs the bed?
I am not sure but every night before we go to sleep Russ has to do really annoying things like put his legs on top of me and rub his toes against my legs which i HATE!

Who wakes up earlier?
I wake up at 4:15ish most days. Russ wakes up at 4:45ish three days a week.

When was your first date and where?
I can't remember, we just hung out a lot. I guess the first time was when he took me for a ride on his new motorcycle. The second was when we made blueberry pancakes and played Donkey Kong at his apartment. I think our first real "DATE" was at a demolition derby in Tooele.

Who has the bigger family?
Russ. 5 brothers and sisters. 5 nieces and nephews. 13 aunts and uncles, and therefore LOTS of cousins.

Do you get flowers often?
No, but I don't really love flowers.

Who eats more?
It depends on the day, but usually Russ. if it is taco Tuesday at Del Taco, i eat more because i like to steal tacos and put the whole thing in my mouth.

Who sings better?
We are probably both equally inferior at singing. I try to sing the bass part of the hymns with him at church. and neither of us can sing well while playing the guitar.

Who does the laundry?
Russ used to do it when we lived in D.C. because we lived in BYU housing on the floor with all the single guys and i felt awkward using the laundry room with a bunch of single guys. I do it now.

Who is better with the computer?
Does this mean who is better with wasting time on the computer? because that would be me. He is definitely better at figuring out problems with the computer though.

Who drives when you go somewhere?
Russ, unless it is to church or the temple because he is ALWAYS running late because of his 30 minute shower, so i have to drive while he does up his tie. Otherwise, he always drives because i hate driving and i also don't like backseat drivers.

Who wears the pants in this relationship?
I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, so i won't answer this.

Who eats more sweets?
me. i make pastries for 8 hours a day so what do you expect? but Russ always always always wants to buy cookies from the store and then he always always always takes about 30 minutes in the cookie aisle trying to decide which ones to buy. so cute.

Who cries more?
Me. Russ only cries during a very certain event, which i will not disclose. it only happens every few years on average anyways.

What is your best day together?
every day.

Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
riviera maya, Mexico. it was amazing. our hotel was all inclusive so we just ate and drank pina coladas the whole week. could it get any better than that?

What is your favorite date night?
We work in the temple every Friday night, and even though it isn't really a "date" since we don't see each other much and we rarely get to eat the yummy temple cafeteria food together, it is still the best night of the week.

Favorite TV show to watch together?
Seinfeld. Russ watched it growing up, but i didn't, so it is fun for him to watch with me.

What couple do you imagine yourselves growing old like?
I haven't met another couple that is anything like us. And i also don't imagine us growing old.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I loved that post. I must say I tried to teach Russ to make eggs on several occasions, but to no avail - and always for similar reasons to his cleaning response - he didn't know how. I do miss our daily excursions to little caesars though.

Russ said...

yeah probably the only thing I miss about being single is that now I don't eat Little Ceasars whenever I feel like it (which used to be around 4 times a week or so)

JenBerger said...

Emily you are so cute! I don't know how you wake up that early! What time do you go to bed? That makes me sad just thinking about getting up so early! Anyways that was fun to read! That is sweet he brought you your treats and he didn't really even know you!

Brienne Alder said...

Hey Emily this is Bri, ya know from good most awesome high school. I found your blog thro someone's blog. I love this bloggin stuff. anyway just wanted to say hi and hope you are doing great!