Monday, February 22, 2010

WAITING......

As you may know, Russ has applied to law school and is in the process of deciding where to go...(he is still waiting to hear back from a few schools so he won't be deciding for a month or two). Here are the schools he has applied to and the latest updates:

ASU - waiting to hear back
Arizona State - waiting to hear back
Pepperdine - waiting to hear back (boy would i love to live in malibu!!)
SMU (southern methodist univ.) - accepted + partial scholarship!
UofU - waiting to hear back
Lewis and Clark - accepted
UNLV - waiting to hear back
UofHouston - waiting to hear back
UofCincinnati - waitlisted
UofLouisville - accepted

Out of the schools he has been accepted to, SMU is the obvious choice, and i am already anxiously excited at the prospect of living in Dallas, Texas! The only schools that might trump SMU would be the U, ASU, or Arizona State...Although I have never been to Arizona (besides the teeny tiny corner of it that you drive through to get to Vegas) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to live there...I have lots of peeps there and it is so much WARMER than here!!!

I am so proud of Russ, he has worked so hard and I know he will do great no matter where we end up. (notice that he hasn't received any rejections yet!! cross your fingers that there will be zero!)

On an unrelated note:
Remember how I was reading "The History of Love"....yah, I made it through the first 10 pages and couldn't NOT put it down. bleh. not for me. i don't recommend it. i am a picky reader, though...definitely don't count on me for a quality book review. I really want to read "The Hunger Games" because everyone keeps telling me how great it is, but all 200 copies from the Davis County Library are checked out and there is a huge waiting list. I would buy it, but I don't want to buy it. Anyone have a copy they want to lend me? I will treat it with loads of respect, promise.

7 comments:

Rosie said...

oh my heavens, read Traci's copy!

I & A said...

That's so exciting!! I remember finding out where Isaac got in and it finally felt like we had direction. You'll love it! It flies by!!

threeboysandalady@blogspot.com said...

That is so awesome to hear about Russ! Congrats on acceptances already but I am praying for the u then Maybe you will move to SLC and I can see you.

Brittany said...

Hey Emily,

Just check out the following website to change the fonts on your blog! Its not too hard. And thanks about the picture/painting. It was pretty easy, though I did copy the idea off some baby store that sold something like it.


http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html

Anonymous said...

SCHOLARSHIP!?!?! That is AWESOME! congratulations! keep me updated on where you guys end up moving! love you!

Unknown said...

1: Dallas is the shiz. I freaking loved it there.
2: I see that BYU is not on that list... lame.
3: I have The Hunger Games. I started reading it at 1:00 am one time when Brad was out of town and finished it at 6:30 am that morning. You can borrow my copy if you'd like. ;)

Marissa Waddell said...

And I thought WE applied to a million schools. GEEZ! Congrats though!