Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the decision

It has been brought to my attention that Arizona State and ASU are the same thing....OOPS. I meant to say University of Arizona and ASU. Russ applied to both schools. Still have not heard back from either of them. It doesn't matter anyway, because we have made our decision regardless of our lack of responses from the majority of schools. That's right, mid-August we will be heading to the big D, and I do mean Dallas. (know what i'm talking about?)

We could not be more excited! Of course we will be sad to leave all our family and friends, but I have a good feeling about Texas and hope we will fit in. Russ is convinced we are going to become world-class Barbeque-ers and I am convinced that I can convince Russ to like country music once we move there.

I apologize to everyone who didn't get a personal announcement, i can't possibly remember everyone i have/haven't told. I even forgot to tell my own brother. This is why blogs are so handy.

Russ is excited to go to SMU and I am excited for him. I am also very excited that I will once again have a free gym membership to an amazing gym (they sent great pictures in the brochures) with an awesome outdoor pool (see where my priorities lie?) I am NOT excited to pay rent again, nor am i excited to be unemployed and on the job hunt again. It would be inevitable either way, (whether we stay or move) because my job is temporary, but still.

Speaking of my job, I have been blessed with the great opportunity of working the graveyard shift every other week starting mid-April. I will work midnight to 8:30AM one week, 8AM to 4:30PM one week. Sounds awesome RIGHT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! well, i'm trying to stay positive, i DO get paid a bit more for the midnight shift and I won't have to deal with 50+ people pestering me all day long. that's all for now.

12 comments:

Jenessa Phillips said...

I'm going through the big D and don't mean Dallas.. haha I heard that song just yesterday. Congrats to you guys!! I'll bet you will love Texas!

I & A said...

That's awesome! Congrats! My brother and his family live in Dallas and it's so nice down there. You will love it! How is everything else going?

Cox Family said...

Wooohoooo! Not excited that you will be so far but glad that you guys have made a decision and are happy! And those weeks that you work graveyard, if I am there, more time to hang out:)

Brittany said...

Exciting! There is a good chance that we might end up in Texas too, though not Dallas. We're still waiting to hear from a couple more schools though before we decide. They really need to be faster with these decisions :)

Jessica and Reece said...

I'm so glad you have made your decision, but sad you will live far away. We better start planning some fantastic trips.

Lesley said...

Everyone that lives in Texas LOVES it! You guys will fit and won't ever want to leave i bet! Congrats!

threeboysandalady@blogspot.com said...

CONGRATS EM and Russ! I am so happy for the both of you. Although I am sad my plans of eating jello with you again has failed, I am glad you will be getting a scholarship to some what save you from the awful debt that comes along with professional programs. I am sure you will make tons of friends there. Who in the world could possibly resist you?

JenBerger said...

I bet it feels good to finally know where you'll be for the next few years! Good luck! I hope you guys like it! We should get together sometime before you go!

The Averys said...

Congrats! We will miss you for sure! Let's hang out a bunch until then!!!

Angenelle said...

you aren't leaving ALL your friends....I AM ALREADY HERE!!! :) I am seriously so excited that ya'll are moving down to the great state! haha i can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

sorry it took me forever to read this! congratulations! what a relief that things are finally falling into place, eh? we're happy for you :)

Shari said...

Yay! I am so excited and so sad all at the same time! Hooray for Russ being so smart and getting a scholarship!