Tuesday, February 22, 2011

34 weeks

Things 2 Do before baby comes:

1-Set up crib and decorate the "nursery."

I put nursery in quotes because we do, in fact, live in a 1-bedroom apartment and will be sharing said nursery with the wee one. She really just gets one wall and a small closet. I can't complain, though, because if I do my grandma will once again recount the story about how she lived in a 1-bed apartment with 2 young kids, one of which was my mother who slept in a dresser drawer. Anyone have advice on how to share a room with baby?

2-Try not to explode.

Each time I go to the dr. she makes some comment about how I've really grown a lot. Yesterday she told me I'm measuring 2 - 2 1/2 weeks bigger than normal. Does that mean baby will come earlier than expected?? I sure hope so. Does it explain the i'm-about-to-explode sensation that is now my permanent companion? Probably. Or maybe I just have gas.

3-Stop worrying about whether or not my baby will have hair.

4-Go out to dinner and a movie.

Because it certainly won't be happening much after baby is born. I really miss the dollar theater though; it is so painful to pay $12 for a movie. But I deserve a splurge.

5-Get a pedicure!

Russ got a good deal on Groupon for a pedi/mani and gifted it to me for V-day. My friend recently told me that a foot massage may not be a good idea because it can induce labor. Um, don't I want that??

6-Stop trying to fit into my non-maternity clothes.

As you can see in the picture, my shirt won't even fit over my belly. I know it looks disgusting.

8 comments:

Karen said...

You look great!!

As for sharing the room. A couple in our ward had their first in a one bedroom apartment. During the first few months it shouldn't be a problem, anyway. When she is 4-6 months old, you may find it hard to have her in the room with you. It totally depends on you, Russ and the baby. You guys might not mind it. Back to the couple---during the day, the baby took her naps in the pack and play in their room and at night, she would initially go to sleep in their room. Once they were ready for bed, they would roll her out into the living room. It seemed to work for them. If your door is wide enough, you'll be able to work it out.

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

You look great! And congrats on the baby coming soon! You can make it.

The Averys said...

YAY! You look beautiful, Em! Seriously! I think your belly is so cute (and huge) and I love it! I think you should definitely relax and enjoy some time for yourself and with Russ. And of course, your sweet baby will have lots of hair! Maybe if you're lucky, she'll have Russ's long curls! jk

Anonymous said...

addie slept in our room until she was 9 months old - i do not recommend it but you gotta do what you gotta do. since Russ is in school, I'd suggest he sleep on the couch - undisturbed - and you and the baby can have the room 'cause you'll be getting up for night feedings. sometimes i would nurse addie in bed and we'd sleep together and that was nice :) the hardest part is when they're supposed to stop the night feedings and sleep through the night. this took addie FOREVER because even if we put her to bed earlier, she always knew when we were in the room and would wake up to eat because she knew her food supply (me) was only a few feet away. if you ca put her in your walk in closet or something so she has her own kind of space, that would be ideal. we didn't have a big closet so we just had to tough it out. i think that i why addie is so huge - she didn't stop night feeding until a couple months ago!

this is way too long, call me. is your number the same?

Hale-O There said...

I have no idea who you are, except that you're one of Loni's friends. I couldn't help but notice the "34 weeks" on Loni's blog. I am 34 weeks too and fyi you look really good. My last apt my Dr. gave me a weight gaining chat, really made me feel like a million bucks... or just plain old fat. Anyways I think I'll add some of your "to do's" onto my list. Love the pedicure idea.

I & A said...

you look so cute. this post really cracked me up. we still don't have ava's room done..we don't even hava a crib..ha ha. we moved around so much when she was born that she just slept with us and now it's a habit. (she's so fun to cuddle with). plus, if you plan on nursing, it's just easier to have the babe right next to you. I did this, and it worked so well for me, but everyone is different. good luck. i wish you lived closer so we could help out and see the cute baby, and so ava could have a new friend. let me know if you need anything or just to talk, cuz if your like me, i was nervous and needed all the advice i could get.

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

YOu look darling! It is weird to see you in short sleeves....because we have like 2 feet of snow on the ground here...it just can't stop snowing! Can I come to Texas?! I can't believe how close you are getting!

mikkal said...

Emily you look so cute!!!!! i love your bellly and that is all you have seriously when i get pregnant you need to tell me the secret of how to only get a belly and not gain anywhere else. I am so excited to see your little bundle of joy when she gets here. Good luck!