
Don't let your driver's license expire. Ever. As Russ and I were in the process of getting our Texas licenses, I somehow managed to make it all the way to the DMV, through the lines and the 2-hour wait without realizing that my license had expired a few weeks ago on my birthday. When I was told that I would have to take a written and driving test again I gave the kind old DMV employee a look that could kill. Luckily I passed the written test with flying colors in a matter of minutes so that we could escape before Anna began wailing. Before we were able to escape, however, a not-so-kind DMV employee told me that in order to take the driving test I would have to come back another day, "camp out" (his words) outside the building at 6:30 AM, wait until opening at 8:00 AM, wait some more, then set up an appointment to come back later to take my test. "Seriously? You want me to come here at 6:30 AM?" I asked in disbelief. Unfortunately, he wasn't joking. I did as he said. I ended up spending most of eternity, seemingly, at the DMV today just in order to take a 5-minute road test. I passed. Then I had to convince another DMV employee that I was, in fact, Emily Ann Jones, because the first kind old employee used the information from my passport (still has my maiden name). I am still not sure why any sane human being wants this same organization to run health care.













3 comments:
I feel for you. I HATE the DMV. A few months ago I had to go renew my drivers license and had to wait hours in line.
Sorry Emily! I still have a temp license because Utah now requires tonz of paper work and a spleen left on deposit. I have six months to get the rest of my paper work in order before I get my real license.
To the cowardly individual who anonymously slammed Emily for this post: It's called hyperbole.
Post a Comment