Sunday, July 10, 2011

3 years

Russ and I celebrated 3 years of wedded bliss this weekend.  It is the first time we have had a night out sans-baby since before she was born, and back then she was actually still with us, just in fetal form. 

I was worried about leaving her, but I knew she was in excellent hands:
 

We are lucky that our friend Mary took such great care of her!  And even though I knew she would, I was still worried about her the whole time.  It is hard to be away from her!

Believe it or not, we had never been to the Cheesecake Factory, so we decided to give it a try.  
Thanks to Russ's friend's (who works at the SLC Cheesecake Factory) recommendation we had a purely delicious meal of Stuffed Chicken Tortillas. I am pretty sure, though, that a bowlful of their amazing wheat bread would have sufficed had there not been any other food available.  
I could live on that bread alone for the rest of my existence. 



Look how long my hair is!!!!  And no, I am not taller than Russ, he must be a sloucher.  


Our pecan turtle cheesecake for dessert was nothing short of incredible.  You'd better believe I will be returning on National Cheesecake Day (July 30th?) for a slice at half-price!


It was windy outside, hence the hairy face.


Even though we shared a meal at dinner to save money (and calories) we couldn't bear the thought of paying full price for a "real" movie, so we ventured to Dallas's finest* dollar theater to see THOR.  And can I just go ahead and say that this movie was about 1400 times better than I expected it to be?  I want to see it again already!  We only picked it because it got good ratings on rottentomatoes.com and nothing else at the dollar theater looked even remotely entertaining.  MUST SEE THIS MOVIE AGAIN! 

*apparently this movie theater employs police officers; they were checking tickets, hanging around the outside, holding our doors for us as we left...I don't think I want to know what kind of stuff happens there!!!! 


2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a wonderful night out.

The Averys said...

YaY! Congrats on making it 3 years being married to a boy. ;) I thought Thor was better than I imagined also. I was laughing out loud at a lot of spots. Glad you guys could get out and have fun just the two of you!