Sunday, October 2, 2011

Girl's Night In

The bff and I had ourselves a nice, quiet girls night in while Russ went to the Priesthood session of conference.  We wore our jammies and pampered ourselves with a homemade face scrub/mask (masque?) - we found some recipes online but decided to just throw some stuff in the blender and see how it worked out:  yogurt, strawberries, oats, honey, banana.  It was good enough to eat for breakfast and it made our faces feel great too!



Mary touched up my roots for me because I was seriously starting to look gray with the lighter colored regrowth...I am also losing hair in horrifying quantities and have several bald spots, so looking gray is the least of my worries.  But it always feels nice to be freshly colored!

Because we were trying to be healthy we made THIS recipe for black bean fudge cakes...
They were decent enough with some strawberries on top, but I most likely won't be making them again.
Then Russ came home with a box of cookies from the grocery store and being healthy went out the window anyway. 



We also beautified our fingers and toes (and Mary helped me restrain/entertain Anna so I could paint her toes again!!) but we forgot to take pictures of said beautification.  And of course I washed about a thousand dishes later than night and half of my nail polish came off :(

It was such a great night with my Mary, I sure have missed her lately.  I think she has been avoiding me because last time we hung out I looked like I did in the picture above and she was embarrassed to be seen with me.  I promise I will start showering and wearing makeup again!!!  Take me back!!!  

2 comments:

JenBerger said...

I lost SOOO much hair after Owen was born! I lost some with Baylee, but way more with Owen. I think it's cause of the c-section. I seriously thought I was going to go bald and I would lose handfuls of hair every time I washed it. Get Nioxin if you can. It's expensive, but it helps. Now a year and a half later I have a ton of hair growing back in and all kinds of weird layers.

Erin Masi said...

Hey girl!! I'm collecting addresses for Christmas cards. Will you send me your address please?

erin.masi@gmail.com

Hope everything is going well!! Your baby is adorable!!