In the month of October we did many fun and exciting things:
I canned pears (my first-ever canning experience...and oh what an experience it was)
Cutting, peeling, and coring pears is a lot of sticky work! And I did it all by myself.
*thanks to Sarah Kelley for letting me borrow her canning supplies
*thanks to ALDI for having the best prices on pears and other foods
I ate the best cupcake of my life.
If you live near a Whole Foods, drop everything you're doing and go there RIGHT NOW and get yourself a Berry Chantilly Cupcake...or if you're feeling crazy get yourself a whole cake....don't tell anyone, and devour it before anyone knows what you've done. You will not regret it.
gotta love the cheesy smile :)
*many thanks to Mary Lewis for introducing me to said cupcakes.
Anna and I went to Utah:
Cousin Avery taught Anna how to read...
Miss Anna got an attitude....."quiet! I'll read it myself!"
Uncle Noah taught her how to play the piano
Aunt Kaitie took lots of sweet pictures of her! Thanks Kaitie!
We went on a walk with Grammy and Carter (and Coop) to deliver the pumpkin to a neighbor
It almost looks like I'm not wearing a shirt!
We went to Gardner Village:
We went to my family's favorite restaurant, El Matador, for my dad's birthday:
I guess this is a gang sign? Or maybe he's trying to show how old he is? Or both?
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!
Sissy and I started making our felt advent calendar
We went to the annual Vance family Halloween Party:
My brother wore Russ's costume for him since Russ wasn't able to come.
Russ hates dressing up but when I saw this Napolean Dynamite costume I knew that he would wear it.
It is now his permanent Halloween costume.
Two of my cousins also dressed up as cats!
My fam, minus Bevin and Russ, in front of my Grandparents' house
The whole fam
We made yummy mummy gingerbread cookies
And cake-ball Eyeballs
The girls! My cute sissy and momma, brand new baby Gemma, Avery and Anna
We went to Brendan's Birthday Party
at the Museum of Nature and Science. Anna is always sticking her tongue out...the worker lady at the museum said that it is a sign of intelligence.
Mary did an excellent job planning this Dr. Seuss themed party, it was adorable!
and finally....We had a very Happy Halloween
well, mostly happy...
Since Russ had class late that night, I stayed home with Anna and we celebrated by dressing up in cute Halloween clothes. We only had one trick-or-treater and I felt horrible because I couldn't find the candy because Russ had hidden it from me so I wouldn't eat it.
THE END.





















5 comments:
YOur little chica is getting soooo big and is soooo stinking cute! Seriously, you should have like 18 kids because you made such a beautiful baby!!! next time you are in Utah, I want to catch up!
What an eventful month! I love the pictures of Anna in the pumpkin ~ such a fun idea (I might gave to steal it). I wish we had cool places in Utah to have fun parties, the museum of natural sciences would be dun for the kids and parents! :) you guys look great- keep enjoying every moment!!!
I love the picture of her IN the pumpkin! Too cute! Looks like a great month!
Emily! Your little girl is DARLING! The picture with her legs poking out of the pumpkin is cute. What a fun family and fun month! I was thinking about you today because I taught the young women in my ward, and it made me think of all my fun YW memories.. Great times. :)
best post ever! i can't get enough of anna pictures. she is SO CUTE! what a precious little girl! i really hope i get to see you when we are up there for the holidays. addie loves babies and i know she'll be kissing all over anna banana :-D
Post a Comment