I wish that I could just enjoy things while I can rather than just waiting for them to get over so I can move on to the next thing. I always regret not appreciating what I had. For example, for the last month Russ and I have been living at his parents house and the whole time I just couldn't wait to get our own place. But on Wednesday when we moved out I realized that getting our own place isn't really that much better than living with my in-laws.
Things I will really miss:
1. free rent (this includes free utilities, garbage fees, laundry etc.)
2. queen size bed (we now sleep on a full)
3. the cook (Russ's sweet mom cooked us dinner almost every night. i am really going to miss that.)
4. the 50 gallon garbage can in the bathroom i shared with Russ and his brother (i guess so they didn't have to take the garbage out more than once a year?)
5. The Jones family quirks. I have never met a family with such unique personalities.... they will be missed.
I also spent the summer doing an internship at Lofthouse in Ogden and just couldn't wait to get done with it and get back to school so I could finally graduate. Now that I realize I am never going back (well, unless they hire me some day) I wish I would have spent a little more time enjoying it and a little less time waiting for school to start (yuck.) I will really miss the people I worked with, we had some good times while making cookies in the Lofthouse laboratory. I will miss the Utah-haters, Brigham (from NY) and Austin (from Alabama). I will miss Austin talking incessantly about Auburn football and "how we do things in Alabama" and I will miss hearing him complain about his girlfriend whom i always tell him to break up with. I will miss Brigham convincing me every time that I did something wrong (when I really didn't) with his perfect poker face that after a few months I learned to never ever believe. I will miss my boss (who isn't a creep) emerging from his office maybe once a day to make a creepy joke and then return to his office. I will certainly miss eating too much cookie dough. I will miss trying to guess what my Filipino co-worker, Lulu, was trying to say to me (she speaks perfect english but for some reason i never knew what she was talking about. "did you get the red?" "how are the iced?" I think that no matter what she said she just left out a very important word necessary for me to understand what she was asking.) And I will even miss the new guy, whom I trained....i will miss spilling massive amounts of red dye on him and making fun of his beard net.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment