Russ and I spent our saturday painting my sister's new home in Logan. We showed up early in the morning, ready to go in our painting clothes. They handed over all the materials and told us to get started. Russ just kind of stared at the paint roller in confusion. "um, how do I do this?" Bevin, my brother-in-law, baffled as ever that Russ had never painted before in his life, took this as the perfect opportunity to ridicule Russ (something he finds great joy in). Russ's conclusion at the end of the day was that he had thought that painting was a lot harder and more technical than it really is. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to slap some paint on a wall. He also learned to spackle - my grandma taught him. In between painting rooms I ate way too much junk food and played with my nephew who is getting so much more friendly and even now likes Russ. They look like BFFs here.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
I am so grateful that you came to help us. And I am glad we could assist in Russ learning some new skills. I have a lot more projects if you are interested in learning some more. Russ and Carter do look like BFF's. I am glad you took some pictures, I didn't. Really, thanks so much for helping. It was a lot of work and we really couldn't have gotten it done without you help! Love you!
Yeah, I definitely have no clue how to paint either. I can somehow see myself picking up the great art and talent though when I get a house. I love a little color on the wall!
You, me, and Jessi-poo need a date soon. We would have tons of fun hanging out. Plus I haven't seen you in about forever, and I guess it's been that long since I've seen Jess. What's the Spoon Me place you both love?
Post a Comment