Monday, May 18, 2009

Back

I lost my blogging groove for a while...and then I told myself that I couldn't blog until I got a job. So here I am! I am back!

Here's an update:

April 28th: Graduation. Didn't really want to be there yet glad i actually went. Same day: moved into our luxurious new condo. And by luxurious I mean regular sized ceilings, a dishwasher, washer/dryer, SPACE to put stuff. By the world's standards it would be decent but to US, its luxurious. (remember the midget cave)

May 1st: Birthday. Turned 24. Spent the day shopping and getting spoiled by my mom. Ordered take out and watched a movie with my fam. It was perfect.

May 3rd: Emergency Room. Woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my belly. Almost passed out when the nurse couldn't get the dang needle in my vein and stabbed me incessantly. Was relieved to find out that the pain was caused by a ruptured ovarian cyst (and not something worse like my intestines exploding.)

May 16th: Logan. It was my nephew's birthday party and I decorated a cake for the first time in a year and I could really use some more practice/new skills. Anyone want to take a cake-decorating class with me?

That night at my parents house I found a baby bird in their garage. It couldn't fly and it was so helpless. I picked it up ... it looked at me, cocked its head, and said "TWEET" but I am fairly certain that in bird language he said "Are YOU my Mother??" and I was so sad to leave it to get eaten by a cat, but what could I do?




May 18th: First day at new job. By the way, looking for a job at a time like this in a place like this was the most unpleasant thing I have experienced for some time. Fortunately, I got a job that I know I will love because I will be making lots of THESE:

as well as hundreds of other yummy items. I am the assistant pastry chef at the new Kneaders in Lehi/Alpine and I love it already. Except that It is going to take an ENORMOUS amount of willpower to stick to a healthy diet now.

3 comments:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

yeah..I am glad you are back to the blogging world..I have been wondering what you have been up to....sounds like life has been eventful. I wish we lived closer, I would love to take a cake decorating class with you!

I & A said...

Hey Em I've been waiting for an update. I take it your back in good old Provo. You didn't go back to the bakery huh? Why not ha ha. I'm totally stressing about finding a job when I get back to Provo. Maybe I can come work at Kneaders with you. That would be fun! Anything happening in the baby department.

Anonymous said...

Em, can i just say I am SO SO SO happy for you?! that is the most amazing news I have heard in a long time and i'm glad you finally updated your blog!

i heart your face :)