Thursday, March 25, 2010

not just for grandmas


One of my favorite ward activities is the monthly knitting class. Only a handful of us go and it is so incredibly relaxing to just sit, knit, and chat with the wonderful ladies in my ward.

I have been making Russ a scarf that was supposed to be for Valentines Day, but have you ever tried knitting a scarf? it takes a long time! I am still working on it and it may be ready just in time for spring!! :( Hopefully it will get cold enough in Dallas so that he can wear it. I could knit with those ladies all night, they are SO sweet! I always tell Russ that I will be quick, be back in an hour and I always lose track of time and stay twice as long as I plan because time flies when you are knitting! I will post a picture of the finished product - its nothing exciting, just a gray scarf and VERY masculine.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

My sister told me it snowed last week in Dallas so i'm sure Russ will get plenty of chances to be fashion forward with that scarf :)

threeboysandalady@blogspot.com said...

Oh I want to learn to knit so badly and I feel like you need someone to show you....IF you wouldn't mind I would love to come or just get together with you. HAHA I just had a flashback to us being kids and you teaching me origami...so it seems right for you to teach me this.