I have had a request from my friend Passelly that I update my blog. And since I like her, NOT because I want to blog, I will give you an update.
The good news:
We are safe and sound in Dallas.The good news:
The bad news:
We are safe and sound, in Dallas.The reality is that I feel like I am halfway across the world. Before we moved I didn't even once stop and think about how incredibly hard it would be to leave everything that is familiar to me - a place I had known for 25 years and felt comfortable in, friends and family whom I love, an awesome job with wonderful co-workers, the mountains! I came here and knew no one, and it was SO lonely. Russ was always gone at school. The hardest part was having no purpose to my life. I had no job, school, church calling, friends, nothing that made me feel worthwhile or filled up my time.
I know that people do this every day and they survive, and they probably have a better attitude than I do. But I am trying VERY hard to enjoy life here, make friends, and fill my time with worthwhile activities. I am having fun using my sewing machine again and decorating my apartment. I plan on become a hardcore yoga expert. I have a stack of books ready for me to read.
I don't regret at all our decision to move to Dallas. I know it was the right thing to do. There are so many reasons to love living here. They have the world's best ice cream here, I kid you not. Cheap rent. Cheap gas. A billion malls. Russ's school is amazing. I have prayed for good friends and have found some. That doesn't mean I don't miss my old friends like CRAZY!! Ya'll better come visit!
The moral of the story - I miss Utah and always will. I will never consider myself a Texan, but I am sure I will love it here more and more every day. And I will try to update my blog more, WITH pictures, and I promise to be more positive from now on!













7 comments:
Oh Emily! That made me pretty homesick I am not going to lie. I hope you start loving it more... honestly the only thing that has got me through is my job. It keeps me busy enough so I can't think a whole lot about home! So keep us updated on everything!! Wish you the best!
I'm glad you are doing pretty good! Have you had any luck finding a job yet?
i know writing this blog post must have been incredibly painful for you, but just know that it MADE MY DAY :D
i heart you and am excited for you to show me some killer yoga moves. i need to come visit you in Dallas. i will start looking at flights.
what are you guys doing for thanksgiving and when are you going to utah for Christmas?
Hi EM! Thanks for the update! I think it would be incredibly hard but I know that you are learning and growing so much! Hope you can find a fun job soon and that everything just continues to get better! XOXO Ton
I get that. Moving to the East Coast away from everything I knew was hard too. But then you start to fall in love with new people and new places, and new prices! Holy cow, I'd love the price of living in Dallas.
I know how ya feel. It really is hard, but it gets lots easier. I think about ya alot and hope your doing well. Hopefully i'll get to go visit my fam down there and come to you too. Oh and i am quite jealous about the malls.
Emily, thanks for the update! I swear the new post didnt show up until today, cause i've been checking your blog!?
Anyways, Im glad to hear you guys are starting to get used to Texas. I can totally relate to how you feel with Russ being gone so much. I had no husband either for Jeff's first year of law school. Luckily, the first year is the worst, once that is over I promise it will get better!
Post a Comment