And Wiser Too...

A few weeks ago I asked what kind of cake Russ would like for his birthday. His response was a "Reese's Cake." He told me to unwrap some Reese's pb cups and stack them up like a birthday cake. THEN, he had an even better idea....he wanted me to remove all the chocolate from said Reese's pb cups, smoosh all the pb insides together, and re-chocolate the outside to make one giant Reese's pb cup
cake. I considered this idea. UNTIL my brilliant friend Mary had the idea to make a sinfully rich pb pie and cover the bottom and top with chocolate ganache...and let me just say that that pie tasted
exactly like a giant Reese's pb cup and I wanted to die after eating a tiny slice, it was so rich.
t
In case the giant "Reese's Cake" didn't satisfy Russ's craving, Mary and Jordan provided him with a pint of Ben and Jerry's pb cup ice cream (I would actually call it ice-creamed pb cups because there is literally more pb cup than ice cream) and I gave him his very own bag of Reese's Christmas trees (which we all know are exceedingly better than normal Reese's pb cups because of the chocolate-to-pb ratio)

Jordan showed up to our house wearing a skull and crossbones snuggie which he had just worn to class (same class as Russ) ... I don't really know what to say about that.

THE END.
2 comments:
Ummmm, can you please ship me a piece of that pie? Thanks. Oh, and happy birthday to Russ!
I need to get this Reese's recipe. I swear I've been making ridiculously heavy peanut butter/chocolate combinations for every Brad celebration.
Post a Comment