Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Year

I am a naughty blogger. It has been almost 2 months! I am going to try to catch up on all the holiday happenings and then for the rest of the year I resolve to blog at least once a week, probably as my Sunday "journaling" activity. I will now attempt to review the last month, from our drive to Utah/visit to Denver, up to our horrendous trip back from Utah, complete with vehicular disaster story.

On Thursday, Dec. 16th Russ finished his last final for his first semester in law school. I had scrubbed our apartment until it sparkled and packed about 100 bags/suitcases. I was ready to go when Russ got home. We checked the weather report. It was supposed to snow. We worried. We decided to wake up extra early (4am-ish) to get a head start on the drive to Denver where we would be staying with my Sister's family for the night. We tried to go to sleep, but we were wide awake and anxious. We decided to leave immediately. Russ drove for about 8 hours and consumed about 20 cans of Mountain Dew. I drove the rest of the way to Denver across the flattest, straightest stretch of Kansas road you can imagine. We made frequent potty breaks for the puppy and the preggy-lady. It was blue skies and sunshine the whole way. Sara and Bevin took us to dinner that night at the Grand Lux Cafe, where the food was delicious but the beignets for dessert were out of this world. They are approximately 20x better than a hot fresh donut.

As you can see, Carter wasted no time using his hands...
Poor Avery only got cheerios for dessert, but she doesn't know any better...
Thanks, we love you guys!!

1 comment:

Cox Family said...

Love you too! Glad you are blogging. And your new design is soooo cute. I need help with mine!