Monday, March 28, 2011

38 weeks

no picture today. i refuse to take pictures when i look like i do today. maybe tomorrow. my belly button is kinda pointy all of a sudden, so i really ought to take a good picture soon.

i had a dr. visit today and baby is still head down (yay!) but i am not dilated at all (boo!/relief). My dr. said she would likely induce me this week if I were dilated at all, but i was afraid i would end up having an April fool's day baby. i guess it is still a possibility, but i will likely be induced next week if all goes as planned. i really don't want to be induced, but i also really don't want to go past my due date.

meanwhile i am trying to decide which project (from a list of thousands) i want to work on to pass the time until baby comes. one of them is attempting to make some hair accessories for baby, since a girl can never have too many headbands and bows. As my inspiration:


i just can't get enough of the cute hair clips/headbands on etsy. wish me luck in my attempt to copy some of these. i just might break down and buy a few.

also, today i got my first stretch mark. Russ noticed it and then and then congratulated me on getting my very first stretch mark. please tell me they go away.

more news: we are having second thoughts about what to name baby. we are back to our original list and probably won't decide for sure until she is born.

3 comments:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

ewww...I love bows ect....I have been wanting to try out the felt bows, but haven't gotten around to it yet. After you try it out and work out all of the kinks....tell me how to do it and what worked best ect. ect.....ps. why are they inducing you? (just curious?)

Katie said...

I remember lying in the hospital bed on March 31 praying I would have Addie that day because I didn't want a April Fools baby. Now that I think about it I was really silly but it was a big deal to me at the time. I can't believe you are going to have your baby so soon!! That is so exciting! I need to make some hair bows too, I never made enough for Addie and now they will have to share.

Cox Family said...

I want to come make bows with you!!!!!