Russ's friend won a pair of BYU vs Texas football tickets and gave them to Russ for father's day. Not only that, but said friend (and amazing wife) offered to babysit Anna for us so we could go to the game together!!
It was a 3 hour drive down to Austin, plus a quick stop at the CZECH STOP in West, Texas to get Kolaches. I had never heard of these until I came to Texas and they are pretty darn good, but I am still a donut girl. They are a sort of pastry that they put pretty much anything inside - from sausage and cheese to fruit. Apparently this place is well known because we saw many other BYU fans there as well. And don't worry, we stopped there both on the way to Austin AND on the way home. Unfortunately I have no pictures to prove this.
Russ's best friend Jeff and his wife Passelly had flown in from Cali for the game and it was fun to see them and hear their awesome baby news!!
Check out my retro BYU t-shirt! I got it at DI in Ogden about 5 years ago...see the beehive?? I wonder how old it is.
Also -- Passelly, you look WAY too pretty to be at a football game!!
Also -- Passelly, you look WAY too pretty to be at a football game!!
Cheesy Smile!!
I told them to look hard core
Brandon, Jeff and Russ
We had such a good time, even though BYU lost. The Texas fans were great, it was fun talking to them and the lady behind me even hugged me when we left because she was sad for me that my team lost...she also may have been a little tipsy.
If I had a legitimate reason to be a fan of Texas, I would make it my #2 team. Why? Only because I want to wear cowboy boots and a mini skirt to every football game and tailgate like it ain't nobody's business -- and where else do the cheerleaders wear chaps ?? I also loved every minute of country music that they blasted between plays.
Thanks again to the Lewis's for the tix and for babysitting our baby bean!!!!













1 comment:
I kept wondering where you got your t-shirt! It was so cute! We loved seeing you guys at the game. We should meet up again next time BYU plays Texas :)
Post a Comment