I knew it would be messy, I just wasn't prepared for how messy it actually was.
I had to hold her hands to keep her from waving them all around flinging rice cereal everywhere.
I think it might be a good idea to invest in an adult sized bib that I can wear while feeding her.
I put 2 bibs on her, just in case she pulls one off.
And I have a wet washcloth handy at all times.
But no matter what, it is always a disaster.
We started with brown rice cereal, then she tried carrots (made by me) and some store-bought prunes. She seemed pretty satisfied with all three. Today I gave her store-bought peaches and her reaction after her first spoonful was similar to the reaction of my 9-month old nephew when I stuck a lemon in his mouth.
Tonight I am making some pears and peas for her to try this week. Making baby food is pretty easy and saves lots of money! Anyone else make their own?
I love watching Anna as she eats. She gets big eyes as she sees the spoon come toward her and she opens her mouth wide and tries to grab the spoon to shove it in her mouth.
Anna wanted to show her support for the Jazz - even though they may not even play this year...














5 comments:
haha the last sentence is funny!
How do you make your own baby food?
Oh my goodness, her eyes are SO cute looking up from that food mess. Watching new eaters is so funny! Except probably for the person who has to clean up :)
I made a lot of my kids baby food! It does save a ton of money! Owen really loved sweet potatoes and they are pretty cheap and you get a ton of baby food out of them!
oh ya know what though. . . I think you have to be careful when making baby food out of carrots. . . something about you can't control the nitrates.
Carlie - I just puree steamed veggies or fruit. Marissa - thanks, I think she is pretty adorable. Jen - i will have to try sweet potatoes!!
Post a Comment